1. Date of announcement - 2nd June 2017
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Return needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by the Audit Commission. The unaudited Annual Return has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested For the year ended 31 March 2017 these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Paul Bone – Responsible Finance Officer - Deal Town Council
firstname.lastname@example.org 01304 361999
Between the hours of 9.00am and 1.00pm Monday to Friday
commencing on ________Monday 5 June 2017_________________
and ending on _________Friday 14 July 2017___________________
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
· The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
· The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s Annual Return is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by (e) Paul Bone,
Responsible Finance Officer, Deal Town Council