1. There will be two categories of grant, Small Grants - up to £500 and Large Grants - between £501 to £1000.
2. The total Annual Grants fund available is £10,000. A minimum of 50% of the Annual Grant fund will be awarded as Small Grants.
3. There will be two rounds of Annual Grant funding during the year 2019/20 -
· Round 1: applications must be received by 5p.m. on 24th May 2019
· Round 2: applications must be received by 5p.m. on 31st October 2019
4. Applications will be considered by the Grants Sub-Committee. This Committee will make recommendations on awards to be approved by the Finance and General Purpose’s committee.
5. Small Grants will be paid on evidence of expenditure. Large Grants are eligible for staged payments, by agreement with the grant recipient.
Deal Town Council Annual Grants - Additional Guidance for Applicants
Grants may be for one off events, short term activities, for the purchase of equipment, for repairs and maintenance or similar costs.
These organisations may apply:
a) Not for profit local organisations and community groups based in the Deal Town Council area or with beneficiaries exclusively or predominantly in the Deal Town Council area.
b) Registered charities based in the Deal Town Council area or with beneficiaries exclusively or predominantly in the Deal Town Council area.
2. GRANT AWARD
Grants may be awarded up to £1000.
3. GRANT PERIOD
Grants must be claimed within 12 months of award.
4. HOW TO APPLY
A full application form must be supplied which clearly demonstrates the contribution made to the community. Supporting documents will be required.
For Grants of up to £500 use the Small Grants Application Form (Appendix 1a)
For Grants between £501 and £1,000 use the Large Grants Application Form (Appendix 2a)
Applications should be sent in time to meet the deadlines as shown above.
Note: Grant applications will not be considered retrospectively.
Applications will be considered by the Grants Sub-Committee. Sub-Committee members will score applications according to the score sheets in Appendix 1c/2c. The Sub-Committee will make recommendations on awards to be approved by the Finance and General Purpose’s Committee.
Payment for successful applications will be made on evidence of expenditure. For Large Grants staged payments will be eligible, by agreement with the grant recipient.
Downloads: (Click on section to download)
Section 1 : POLICY (includes full guidance notes)
Appendix 1: Application Pack for Annual Small Grants (up to £500)
(1a) Small Grants Application Form
(1b) Monitoring Form
(1c) Example score sheet
Appendix 2: Application Pack for Annual Large Grants (£501 to £1,000)
(2a) Large Grants Application Form
(2b) Monitoring Form
(2c) Example score sheet
GENERAL GRANT GUIDELINES
The following conditions apply to all grant streams.
1. Deal Town Council will consider applications for financial assistance from any of the following;
a) Not for profit local organisations and community groups based in Deal or with a substantial number of beneficiaries in Deal.
b) Registered charities based in Deal or with a substantial number of beneficiaries in Deal.
2. NB Private businesses may in exceptional circumstances apply for financial support for projects which are clearly for the benefit for the residents of Deal. A maximum of 50% of the costs may be awarded. Businesses will be expected to provide copies of accounts to the R.F.O at the time of application.
3. Applications must be made using the appropriate form, available from the Town Hall reception and on Deal Town Council’s website; www.deal.gov.uk . The RFO can advise on completion of the form.
4. All questions on the application form must be answered in full. Applicants will also need to provide the following supporting evidence:
a) A copy of their governing document e.g. constitution, set of rules etc.
b) Evidence of monies held in reserves or saving accounts.
c) A copy of their last completed accounts and annual report if it exists.
5. Deal Town Council will publish deadlines for grant applications in the press and on its website.
6. The council reserves the right to invite applications to any grant stream at any time.
7. Contributions from the applicant organisation or other sources, in cash or in kind, will be viewed with favour when the application is considered.
8. Grant applications will not be considered retrospectively, i.e. once the project has started.
9. Grants are limited to only one award per organisation per year of any grant type.
10. Grants awarded should be spent within the agreed period.
11. Grants will not be awarded for specifically religious or party political purposes.
12. Grants may only be used by the applicant for the named project and cannot be used to support payments by way of grant or donation to any other individuals or organisations.
Grant recipients will be required to confirm there is no double funding (e.g. getting both KCC member funds and DTC funds for the same expenditure)