1. Grants may be awarded up to £2,000.
2. The total Community Contributions fund available is £10,000.
3. A full application form must be supplied which clearly demonstrates the contribution the organisation makes to the community and how the Community Contribution grant will be used. Standard supporting documents will be required.
4. There will be one round in 2019. Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on 21 June 2019
5. Applications will be considered by the Grants Sub-Committee. The Committee will make recommendations on awards to be approved by the Finance and General Purpose’s Committee.
6. Community Contribution grants must be spent by the date agreed between Deal Town Council and the organisation.
7. Payment terms will be subject to an agreement between the grant recipient and Deal Town Council.
Community Contributions - Additional Guidance for Applicants
Community Contributions is a grant stream intended to provide ongoing financial support to local organisations which contribute in a significant way to the community of Deal. This is the only Grant stream offered by Deal Town Council that can be used towards core costs or project costs
These organisations may apply:
a) Not for profit local organisations and community groups based in the Deal Town Council area or with beneficiaries exclusively or predominantly in the Deal Town Council area.
b) Registered charities based in the Deal Town Council area or with beneficiaries exclusively or predominantly in the Deal Town Council area.
A group/organisation serving an area smaller than the town is also eligible.
Organisations serving all residents or a group who share a particular characteristic are eligible. Activity must be available to all residents, or all residents who share a particular characteristic.
2. GRANT AWARD
Grants may be awarded up to £2000. Grant may be used for core costs or project costs. An appropriate level of match funding from the applicant, either cash or in kind or both, should be included in your budget.
3. GRANT PERIOD
Grants may cover a maximum of two years. Multi-year grants will be paid in tranches. Activity longer than one year will be subject to interim monitoring before remaining grant is paid.
Community Contributions funding must be expended by 31st March 2021.
4. HOW TO APPLY
A full application form must be supplied which clearly demonstrates the contribution made to the community. Supporting documents will be required.
Applications should be sent by 21st June 2019
Applications will be considered by the Grants Sub-Committee. Sub-Committee members will score applications according to the score sheet in Appendix 5c. The Sub-Committee will make recommendations on awards to be approved by the Finance and General Purpose’s Committee.
Payment terms will be subject to an agreement between the grant recipient and Deal Town Council.
Downloads: (Click on section to download)
Section 1 : POLICY (includes full guidance notes)
Appendix 5 : Application for Community Contribution Pack
(5a) Community Contribution Application Form
(5b) Monitoring Form
(5c) Example score sheet
GENERAL GRANT GUIDELINES
The following conditions apply to all grant streams.
1. Deal Town Council will consider applications for financial assistance from any of the following;
a) Not for profit local organisations and community groups based in Deal or with a substantial number of beneficiaries in Deal.
b) Registered charities based in Deal or with a substantial number of beneficiaries in Deal.
2. NB Private businesses may in exceptional circumstances apply for financial support for projects which are clearly for the benefit for the residents of Deal. A maximum of 50% of the costs may be awarded. Businesses will be expected to provide copies of accounts to the R.F.O at the time of application.
3. Applications must be made using the appropriate form, available from the Town Hall reception and on Deal Town Council’s website; www.deal.gov.uk . The RFO can advise on completion of the form.
4. All questions on the application form must be answered in full. Applicants will also need to provide the following supporting evidence:
a) A copy of their governing document e.g. constitution, set of rules etc.
b) Evidence of monies held in reserves or saving accounts.
c) A copy of their last completed accounts and annual report if it exists.
5. Deal Town Council will publish deadlines for grant applications in the press and on its website.
6. The council reserves the right to invite applications to any grant stream at any time.
7. Contributions from the applicant organisation or other sources, in cash or in kind, will be viewed with favour when the application is considered.
8. Grant applications will not be considered retrospectively, i.e. once the project has started.
9. Grants are limited to only one award per organisation per year of any grant type.
10. Grants awarded should be spent within the agreed period.
11. Grants will not be awarded for specifically religious or party political purposes.
12. Grants may only be used by the applicant for the named project and cannot be used to support payments by way of grant or donation to any other individuals or organisations.
Grant recipients will be required to confirm there is no double funding (e.g. getting both KCC member funds and DTC funds for the same expenditure)