To further enhance the cycling offer from Deal and maximise the opportunities the cycling pound offers, Deal Town Council are offering accommodation providers, cafes, bars, pubs, restaurants and attractions the chance to gain Cycle Friendly Deal Accreditation.
Benefits of Accreditation
Cycle Friendly Deal Accreditation is a mark of distinction & being accredited helps you stand out to visitors.
- The Marque - Once your business achieves accreditation, you will receive your Cycle Friendly Deal Accreditation Certificate from The Mayor, window sticker and digital marque that you can display on your website, social media and in your publications.
- Digital Listings - As part of the accreditation your business will be listed on the Cycle Friendly Deal pages on the Town Council and other locations as and when opportunities arise.
- The Toolkit – Accredited businesses are eligible for a Cycle Friendly Deal Toolkit including a track pump, multitool & puncture repair kit (limited number available)
- Grants - For a limited time, Deal Town Council is offering Grants to local businesses looking to support cycling. The grant funding is a contribution towards the installation of secure cycle storage. This could be as simple as a lockable shed or a dedicated cycle store. To qualify for a grant, your business must be located in North Deal, Middle Deal or Mill Hill.
- Vouchers - All newly accredited businesses will receive two free vouchers for use with the new ebike hire scheme
- Accommodation providers will also receive Discount Vouchers for ebike hire for any guest who stays for two nights or more
Whilst the Town Council has the resources, it will keep accredited members up to date with cycling events and distribute appropriate cycling related leaflets as they become available.
The real reward for being cycle friendly is that it unlocks another dimension of the visitor market. Don’t imagine all riders are lycra clad middle-aged males, some are, but cycling appeals across all ages, young & old, all socio-economic groups, families and the retired. Whilst it may be busier in the warmer months, it is an all year-round activity. According to research on the Danube Cycle Route, a cycle friendly attitude is as important as infrastructure.
Share Your Cycle Friendly Credentials
The important thing about being cycling friendly is that you’ve got to tell people about it. Put details of your cycle friendly credentials it on your website, your listings, your social media, your brochures. Don’t be shy! Potential visitors are looking for this information.
For more information read the Council's Cycle Tourism Toolkit.
To gain accreditation please complete the simple checklists below.
- All businesses need to complete this nine point Checklist
- Then please complete one of the shorter checklists pertinent to your main activity: